Wednesday, October 28, 2015

I Hate Moving....



I hate moving especially packing and unpacking...ughhh!

And of course leaving my home of 15 years...another major ughhhh!

My mom proposed moving closer to her and my sister. I really struggled with this decision. Mostly, because I like my privacy and truthfully, my relationship with my mother has been strained for years. Only recently has it begun to blossom into something new and tolerable.

I asked myself the same question I always do when faced with challenging situatio
ns or decisions: does this move me closer to or further away from my goals?

So I moved.

Both of my sons get to be closer to their grandmother and she's been cooking for them every weekend.

They also get to have a relationship with their aunt who has been absent for most of their lives.

And me...well I get to see them smile and enjoy the benefits of close proximity to family. Plus, now I'm closer to the city and will have more time to devote to building my business because everything including public transportation is literally blocks away. Yayyy!!

I also get to rebuild relationships that slipped away because of pride or pain. These are bonds that I miss deep down inside of my soul. Hard to admit, but very very true. I'm still a little leery, but I know that even though forgiveness may be immediate, building trust takes time.

Have you been struggling with any major decisions? Do me a favor and leave a comment below to let me know some of your life struggles or wins that you're experiencing.

I would really love to hear what's going on in your life. Leave a comment below to let me know.

Simone

No comments: