Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Review: Selling Steve Jobs' Liver: A Story of Startups, Innovation, and Connectivity in the Clouds

Selling Steve Jobs' Liver: A Story of Startups, Innovation, and Connectivity in the Clouds Selling Steve Jobs' Liver: A Story of Startups, Innovation, and Connectivity in the Clouds by Merrill R. Chappman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My connection with this book: I'm from the Bronx, an entrepreneur working in the computer industry and love technology. Chapter one's unexpected ending had me hooked. I did, however, have to keep reminding myself that this book is a satire - some of the characters are so very weird and un-likeable. Not to mention the macabre Reliqueree app they're intent on creating and marketing to the world, which integrates the DNA from Steve Job's cancerous liver - yeah exactly! The random text messages really tied in with, creative genius inventor of said morbid app, Nate Pennington's inability to emotionally connect with anyone, especially his very stereotyped pregnant Asian girlfriend - yeah that too! Everyone eventually buys into his ghoulish dream and there is no boundary he will not cross in pursuit of his perceived entitlements.

Techies, geeks and lovers of social/cultural thought-provoking parodies will enjoy the story's quirkiness and diabolical twists.

View all my reviews

No comments: